YG has finally released his long awaited LP “Still Brazy” . My Krazy Life is a classic in my opinion and is very overlooked. So when i opened apple music and saw that it was finally available I almost cried tears of joy. Lets get into the review.
- Pops Hot Intro- Just like the Intro from the first album, YG is getting scolded by his father. The dialogue sets the tone for the album.
- Don’t Come to LA – Dont come to LA is a very gritty track. Taking shots at people who think its cool to mimic his Lifestyle and false flag. I was worried when i saw the features , i didnt recognize any of the people but everyone had a phenomeol verse. I had one slight gripe , and it was the hook. I didnt particualarly care for it
- Who Shot Me? – The G-funk influence on this track is very clear. YG is telling a tale about the people who shot him and the emootions and questions that went through his head when this happened. This is one of my favorites , the raw lyricism and production make for one hell of a song.
- Word is Bond – YG’s features rarely dissapoint and Slim 400 does a spectacular job. YG and Slim 400 come together well and play off each other.
- Twist My Fingaz – The lead single for Still Brazy was released last year and it didnt gain alot of buzz. YG gives us a classic G-funk song. It is very reminicisnt of that classic G Funk Era. A perfect song for a summer day or a song to play at a party or cookout. Dope track
- Good Times Interlude – Great interlude about the price of fame and people constantly asking to borrow money. The transition to Gimmie Got Me shot was efforless and smooth.
- Gimmie Got Shot – YG speaks on the people in his life that feel entitled to favors or money . YG’s lyrical ability shines on this track
- I Got a Question- Very smooth laid back track, YG rides the beat. Suprisingly Lil Wayne has a good verse. Amazing Song.
- Why You Always Hatin? – I was underwhelmed with this track. The last collaboration with drake and YG Who do you love was a dope record. SO when i heard this record i was surprised at how lackluster the song is. The production outshined both Drake and YG. The hook was sub par and this is one of the worst tracks on the record.
- My Perception- Another Interlude
- Bool, Balm & Bollective- When i first heard this track i wasnt a fan, but after a few listens i really love this track. YG flows effortlessly on this track . YG’s story telling ability is amazing and made for amazing track
- She Wish She Was- I dont really care for this song. Nothing stood out to me.
- YG Be Safe- Interlude
- Still Brazy- The Beat is booming and YG going crazy for three and a half minutes. YG floats effortlessly on the beat.
- FDT- A riveting protest song about the presidential candidate. It is a raw song full of emotion about Trump and his controversial statements in the last year. Nipsey hussle and YG are a great duo and i want to hear more of them in the future.
- Blacks & Browns – YG and Sad boy speak on the injustices in America, showcasing the problems minorities face in america, and trying to find a why to overcome these problems. I love this track , i love when rappers are insightful and speak on problems impacting the community.
- Police Get Away wit Murder – Continuing the theme from the previous song, Y G raps about the injustices in america and the double standard on how civilians and officers are treated and tried . It was very emotional, and it was a spectacular way to end the album.
YG has released one of the best rap projects this year and it is one of my favorites so far. My Krazy Life and Still Brazy remind of Good Kid Maad City. It is a percise, cohesive project that tells a story about his life and life style and how YG came up and his everyday life. While Good Kid Maad City, showcased the story of a kid growing up and trying to avoid the madness, Still Brazy showcases the other side of the spectrum. Some that is actually in the lifestyle. The lyricism and storytelling on this record is second to none. More importantly i appreciate the raw lyrics and honesty from YG. Another star is the production, the classic G-funk feel compliments YG. Everything came together for a great album and i have very few complaints. YG did not disappoint on this record.
Favorite Tracks: Twist My Fingaz, Gimmie Got Shot, Bool Balm and Bollective
What did you think about the record? I want to hear everyones opinion on the album. I hope everyone is having a safe and fun summer. Bless Up